TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Traction control......ish
People Seeking Info

Subject Traction control......ish

Posted by Madhatter10-6 on January 04, 2016 at 11:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 1546 times.

In Reply To Haltech can do traction control. You can also look into posted by MixManMash on January 03, 2016 at 04:06 PM

Message There are two Haltech products that are a good fit for the Z32:

1) Platinum Pro Plugin. This box has "traction aids"...not a true dedicated traction control setup. You can get creative and implement some strategies but if you aren't very familiar with Haltech's software and have time to go dial it in I think you will end up very frustrated and disappointed. The Pro Plugin is a great box IF you are OK with not having a true traction control.

2) Elite 2500. This box isn't specific to any certain vehicle and will need a custom patch harness made. It does however include a dedicated traction control channel that looks at front vs rear wheel speed and then can adjust ignition timing, boost and even kill cylinders like a race logic.

Now that being said the real world application of traction control with the Elite still isn't perfect. I originally was running my Supra on a Haltech Platinum Sport 2K and started to make enough power that it wouldn't hook even with R888's. When the Elite came out I was in on the first round of orders just to get the traction control.

Haltech'c firmware 2.07/2.08 had in theory the best version of the traction. You built a really simple table that had desired slip percentage in relationship to vehicle speed and it took care of everything else in the background. The problem with this setup is that their PID control system supporting it had bugs and if it had to correct for much slip at all it would over shoot.

Setup table

PID issue....adjustable range of 1 to two billion

Haltech USA is very close to where I live and I am friends with several of the guys that work there. Its very convenient to have their tech team stop by the house on the weekends to go over software bugs :)

The best working version of their software is 2.05 for traction control.

It allows you to build a tables where you can directly control ignition retard. This method is a little more labor intensive to dial in on the street but works really well. The downside is that this version of the firmware can't be wired to a toggle switch to turn traction on / off without a laptop in the car with you.

They are currently working on fixing the PID system behind their latest version and when that is done it should be perfect. As of right now both boxes and all versions of their traction control leave something to be desired IMO.

Madhatter10-6

src="http://www.apexlogik.net/redpoint/banner/new%20banner%2011
.jpg"
src="http://www.apexlogik.net/redpoint/banner/tsc.jpg"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.